Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Be "Ice" to Your Neighbor


I'm wondering who is it that doesn't have time in their day to fill up an ice tray after they take cubes out. Is it selfishness or just a momentary lapse of reason?

Thinking:

I have to get back to solitaire and couldn't possibly take the 20 sec. to refill this ice tray. Plus, although I am not above taking ice from the commoners' tray, I certainly am far above doing such a common job as putting water in twelve small holes.


I am glad that someone finally invented automatic ice makers, but a skill like refilling the ice tray should be taught to everyone who has opposeable thumbs and the aptitude for turning on a faucet. It's kind of like buying more milk when the milk runs out. While that takes WAY longer to do, I'm still thinking it's the sentiment that counts. Putting others before you or at the very least even with you.

Trent
trent@mannerscast.com

No comments: