Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Naughty Neighbors

I notice that my across-the-street neighbor had one of the family cars parked in front of our house this week. I guess I'm okay with the parking unless it's all the time, but that is not the point.

This is not a nice car so it looks bad, but when it pulled away from the curb, I noticed that there was a 3 foot diameter oil stain in front of my house.

We've been in that house for over 7 years now and that is the first stain of any kind in front of our house. I know it's just a street and it's going to get dirty but I don't want it to be at my expense.

I'm wondering if I should bring it to the neighbor's attention with the cover that I'm worried about the car having a leak.

We'll see...

Trent

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Try using some kitty litter on the spot. It works pretty well sometimes.

I say let it slide. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not easily anger :)

Jenny said...

AND, you don't want to deal with the crap WE had to deal with when we had a similar situation. Leave it be.

dyw4ua said...

I say you walk over there, tell them in no uncertain terms:

"Don't EVER let anyone park in from of MY house again! Furthermore, get out here now and clean that oil stain off of the road!"

But, pray about it first....

Jenny said...

What happened? Did you confront them or leave it be?

The MannersCast said...

Well, I fell into my passive aggressive nature and went over posing as a concerned citizen to let them know the car was leaking something and they might want to be careful.

Crazy thing! They no longer park in front of our house!

It is good to be devisive, huh?

Thanks for the posts!

Jenny said...

OOH, that was a good move. I doubt that would have worked in our case, but definitely a good move!!! (Our good move was MOVING.) HAH

Colin said...

Yeehaawww! There's people in here! Hey everybody, come look!