Saturday, October 21, 2006

Halloweenies


I felt it was about time to mention a few of the things that are lightly entertaining and mostly annoying about Halloween and the Tricking or Treating.

1) Tiny Tots T or T before we're done with dinner.
"Hey, Little Timmy! Would you like some pizza in your bag?

2) Kids who "phone in" their costumes.
A black concert t-shirt turned inside out does not a costume make!

3) Repeaters
Under no circumstances should I hand out candy to the same kid more than once unless that kid has seriously altered his or her costume.

4) Not actually saying "Trick or Treat."
How hard is it to utter the three simple words that make Halloween so much fun? Do you really think I'm going to just hand over the candy if you blankly stick out your pillow case and stare at the ground?

I hope everyone is able to avoid these simple mis-steps this Halloween and have a wonderfully spooky time!

Trent-N-Steinula
http://www.mannerscast.com

2 comments:

Jenny said...

One of my students wrote in her journal about trick or treating (she's a SENIOR) now and in the past and she said she rarely had a costume but she still had fun.

I asked her why she didn't bother with a costume and she looked at me like I was the dumbest person alive. Apparently, a Halloween costume is optional for trick or treating. What was I thinking? (eyeroll)

The MannersCast said...

Ha Ha!

Kind of like getting presents for Christmas might be one of the options along with not getting presents or having to rake leaves.

Trent