Monday, January 29, 2007

EPISODE 30 - Ummm

Emergency!It doesn't matter how you say it. Whether it's "umm" or "emmm" or "uhhh", it's still a way to keep people from butting-in to the conversation while you are thinking of something else to say. The problem is that we have used it so much it is a normal part of conversation.

"Ummmmm" has GOT to GO! Let's all make an effort to get rid of space fillers so we can keep our conversations cleaner and more respectful.

Let us know what YOU think! Post a comment on the blog or email us at mannerscast@gmail.com, and we'll make an effort to talk about your comment on the podcast.

Trent

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny show !! Keep up the excellent piece of work :)

/ Emil frome Sweden / www.iEmil.se

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I'm not sure what I think, but I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys say.

Jon said...

Another filler, at least that's used where I'm from is the word "like." I don't know how many times my teenage siblings say that phrase in the course of an hour. I kept count while carrying on a conversation with my 15 year old sister one evening and she said "like" approximately once every 20 seconds over the course of 7 minutes. I just came across your podcast, so you may have already discussed this in past shows. It's just an observation.