Wednesday, September 05, 2007

How kind is too kind?

New MannersCast ArtDerek and I went to Maximillian's for lunch today, and I noticed a strange feeling. When I was thinking about opening the door for someone and letting them go first, I also thought, "That would put them in line before me!"

So, at that point do I let them go first and get in line or go ahead and enter and then hold the door behind me?

Good thing I didn't get caught in this situation! Crisis averted!

What do you think?

Trent

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like organ dontation, this is a situation that you need to discuss with your friends and family before the fact. When entering a restaurant, my boyfriend and I have a procedure: He opens the door for me and whoever happens to be walking in at the same time. I just make sure I walk in the door before the other party. That way, we get on the waiting list first, plus we get to seem AND feel polite!